Resources and Ideas
Need help? Contact AC with any questions about books, workshops, and training presentations.
AC Family Caregivers' Resources
AARP Caregiving Resource Network
Home Phone Services For Hearing Loss
AC for Professional Caregivers
Professional Resource fact sheet
Family Caregiver Creative Ideas- links
Enjoy the love of birds. Click here.
AandJCrochet - Crochet items for dementia. Click here
Road Scholar’s Caregiver Grants
Travel opportunity scholarships for caregivers
Related Articles For Caregivers
Top 5 Indoor Activities for Seniors with Dementia (For Free) 6:57
- Alzheimer's Association Early Stages 3:27
- Living with Lewy Body dementia- Mayo Clinic 2:57
- Lewy Body Dementia Video Facts 1:52
- Living alone with dementia at 92. 3:09
- Alive Inside - Story of Music and Memory Sundance Film Festival (2014) 6:30 One of my favorite scenes from this great documentary. Henry introduced me to Cab Calloway who I love to listen to. Thank You Henry!
Alive Inside- Marylou 5:22 My second favorite scene. Love you Marylou
Much Too Young: The Untold Story of Young Caregivers & Alzheimer’s 3:02
Thank You to a Caregiver
One day I woke up and forgot my name.
I couldn’t remember who I was and if I was ever happy.
I even forgot if I had a husband or wife and any children.
I sometimes spend my days just staring into space or walking in circles trying to see or get to someplace that I can’t even remember,
And then you came along, like a beacon of light, and awakened me.
You helped me find my smile again.
It was your gentle touch and your kind words that help me along through my journey.
I’m sorry I don’t remember your name----
But please know I appreciate all you do.
Any Individual with Dementia- JMD