Loving Words Again Poetry Training Manual
This training manual, Loving Words Again is a comprehensive training guide for professional caregivers who wish to use poetry for individuals with dementia.
The manual’s purpose is to provide a train-the-trainer-strategy for a variety of professional healthcare settings such as assisted living homes, skilled care facilities, adult day care centers, rehabilitation facilities, and in-home health care and companion providers. It can also benefit a sole proprietor who operates their own caregiver services.
The manual is broken down into three sections.
- Section one introduces using poetry as a useful tool for individuals with dementia. It focuses on the selection of poems and the approach to reading poetry to individuals and groups. It provides examples of poems, tips on selecting, organizing and presenting the poems.
- Section two covers the approach to getting the individuals or group participants in writing a poem. It also includes how to market a poetry program and offers a variety of suggested poems to use.
- Section three- separate guides for the trainer and the trainee covering goals, objectives, and approaches:(optional purchased separately)
- trainer guide/ helps trainer to understand and teach the skills required for developing a successful poetry program
- trainee guide / helps the trainee to understand the techniques required for facilitating a successful poetry program.
DESCRIPTION- 3 Ring Binder designed for convenience when adding and removing pages and forms. Sections divided by color sheets. Manual approximately 97 pages (does not include trainer/trainee guide)