A Place in Time Training Manual
This training manual, A Place in Time is a comprehensive training guide for professional caregivers who wish to use a multi-sensory approach for individuals with dementia.
The manual’s purpose is to provide a train-the-trainer-strategy for a variety of professional healthcare settings such as assisted living homes, skilled care facilities, adult day care centers, rehabilitation facilities, and in-home health care and companion providers. It can also benefit a sole proprietor who operates their own caregiver services.
The manual is broken down into three sections.
- Section one introduces using different sensory stimuli as a useful tool for individuals with dementia. Strategically combining sight, hearing, taste, touch, and smell exercises presenting a common theme will promote social interaction and memory recall of events in a person's life.
- Section two covers the outlined techniques and approach in preparing, setting up, and monitoring the program. It also includes how to market a multi-sensory program and offers a variety of suggested themes to use. It also includes forms and templates to assist in the planning and organizing of your program.
- Section three- separate guides for the trainer and the trainee covering goals, objectives, and approaches:(optional purchased separately optional purchased separately- not available yet)
- trainer guide/ helps trainer to understand and teach the skills required for developing a successful poetry program
- trainee guide / helps the trainee to understand the techniques required for facilitating a successful poetry program.
DESCRIPTION- 3 Ring Binder designed for convenience when adding and removing pages and forms. Sections divided by color sheets. Manual approximately 61 pages (does not include trainer/trainee guide)