Loving Words Again Poetry Training Manual- printed version
This training manual, Loving Words Again is a comprehensive training guide for professional caregivers who wish to use poetry for individuals with dementia.
The manual’s purpose is to provide a train-the-trainer-strategy for a variety of professional healthcare settings such as assisted living homes, skilled care facilities, adult day care centers, rehabilitation facilities, and in-home health care and companion providers. It can also benefit a sole proprietor who operates their own caregiver services.
The manual is broken down into three sections. (section three purchase separately)
- Section one introduces using poetry as a useful tool for individuals with dementia. It focuses on the selection of poems and the approach to reading poetry to individuals and groups. It provides examples of poems, tips on selecting, organizing and presenting the poems.
- Section two covers the approach to getting the individuals or group participants in writing a poem. It also includes how to market a poetry program and offers a variety of suggested poems to use.
- Section three- separate guides for the trainer and the trainee covering goals, objectives, and approaches: (optional- guides purchased separately)
- trainer guide/ gives step-by-step instructions to the manual, teaching the trainer the skills required for developing a successful poetry program
- trainee guide /gives step-by-step instructions to the manual, teaching the trainee to understand the techniques required for facilitating a successful poetry program.
DESCRIPTION- 3 Ring Binder designed for convenience when adding and removing pages and forms. Sections divided by color sheets. Manual approximately 97 pages (does not include trainer/trainee guide)
Print Price- $175.00
(save an additional 25% when buying the digital version)